Hollow Knight Book Analysis Follow Up Script


So in my wanderer’s journal video, I mentioned that there were only two possibilities for why the Wanderer’s Journal would say that the Hive was unmarred by the infection. But I forgot a third option, that I’m an idiot. So in this quick video, I’m going to run through some of the comments I’ve received on that video and what my thoughts are after reading them. And don’t worry, I won’t make any Rick and Morty jokes. Instead, I’ll be making Archer jokes

A lot of people theorized that the Hive wasn’t infected when Ellina came to Hallownest, since she might have arrived before the Knight. So I completely forgot to mention that this book is being written during the events of Hollow Knight. Ellina sees Sheo’s painting of the Knight in Greenpath. Not sure how the fuck she got there but whatever. She sees Bretta in both the Fungal Wastes and in Dirtmouth. And she visits the Ancient Basin both before and after the door to the Abyss is opened. And on top of all that, she mentions that Vespa is, in fact, dead by the time she gets to the Hive. So that’s definitely not what’s happening.

Now I want to talk about another popular theory I saw that I actually think makes a lot of sense. And it all has to do with phrasing. So Ellina uses the word “unmarred”, but what the fuck does that word even mean? Well it means “Not marred or injured.” So what if Ellina is actually saying that the Hive is infected, just not injured by it. Now I know what some of you are thinking. What makes bees so fucking special that the infection doesn’t hurt them? Well, I’ll give you a hint. Ants! These types of bugs naturally operate under a hive mind. So when the Radiance rolled in with her insidious Fanta formula, the bees didn’t even fight it. That’s why the Whispering Root says “Light Familiar”. They are already familiar with being under a hive mind, so they continued to just be bees doing the things that bees do. Ergo, when Ellina shows up, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Ergo, ergo, “unmarred by the spread of the infection.”

One final note, some people mentioned that the Hiveblood charm proves the bees aren’t infected, because bees don’t attack the Knight when the Hiveblood charm is equipped. But I think this is just because the bees don’t recognize the Knight as a threat anymore. They have been tricked into thinking the Knight is one of them. I’m not sure why the Hive Husk doesn’t attack the Knight either, but it’s obvious that this thing is infected. Either that or it’s wearing colored contact lenses.

Also, some people have said the gas that bees give off is pollen. Which I highly doubt, but I guess I can’t really argue against it. Now that I think about it, how the fuck do the bees even make the honey in the first place. The Hive is closed off, they should all have starved to death long ago. And I think that about wraps things up. I also got a lot of comments about how the King’s Pass lore tablets might have been created for the Vessels. That’s entirely possible, but I think it’s weird that the third one seems to have been written when Hallownest was still standing. But I think I’ll save all of that for another video. Well anyways, thanks for watching!

Archer.

Songs:
Fungal Wastes

Comments

Popular Posts